Zhelkus: Hi tiny_sun. Really like the scans you're releasing. Mind if I give you a piece of advice? Zhelkus: Use PNGs for black and white images! 18 Aug 09, 22:20 Zhelkus: Also, if you reduce the colour depth to 16 colours or 4bit you can get a smaller filesize and better quality than with JPG. 18 Aug 09, 22:20
This is just a copy of what I posted in the shoutbox in case it gets lost and you don't get to read it :P
Here's a demo for you to see the difference. The PNG turns out to be half the size of the JPG and has no compression artifacts.
Here's the link to the file so you can take a look at it: _Otona_Star__Otona_OS_Happy_Days_001_compare_JPG_PNG.rar
I'll admit, I had to remove a few JPG artifacts to have the image squeaky clean before saving it as PNG, but that's not the point.
My point, or my intention, is for you to use PNG instead of JPG where it's more useful.
1 comment:
Zhelkus: Hi tiny_sun. Really like the scans you're releasing. Mind if I give you a piece of advice?
Zhelkus: Use PNGs for black and white images!
18 Aug 09, 22:20
Zhelkus: Also, if you reduce the colour depth to 16 colours or 4bit you can get a smaller filesize and better quality than with JPG.
18 Aug 09, 22:20
This is just a copy of what I posted in the shoutbox in case it gets lost and you don't get to read it :P
Here's a demo for you to see the difference. The PNG turns out to be half the size of the JPG and has no compression artifacts.
Here's the link to the file so you can take a look at it:
_Otona_Star__Otona_OS_Happy_Days_001_compare_JPG_PNG.rar
I'll admit, I had to remove a few JPG artifacts to have the image squeaky clean before saving it as PNG, but that's not the point.
My point, or my intention, is for you to use PNG instead of JPG where it's more useful.
Post a Comment